Registry to Start 1st week of November with buy a .Zil, get a .Crypto Free Sale
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–$Crypto #Blockchain–Unstoppable Domains, a software company building domains on blockchains, is announcing the launch of .crypto, a domain registry on the Ethereum blockchain.
With .crypto, users can connect any cryptocurrency address to their domain. To get paid, all someone needs to know is your blockchain domain. Unstoppable Domains believes that hiding long addresses will simplify cryptocurrency payments and lead to mainstream adoption for cryptocurrency. The cryptocurrency community has demonstrated a serious interest in this – having purchased more than 100,000 .zil domains – the company’s first domain extension.
Starting today, for a limited-time, users who buy a .zil domain of 8 characters or more, will receive the same .crypto domain for free plus $1 of store credit for every $1 spent on domains. This promotion ends October 21st.
Unstoppable Domains co-founder and CEO Matthew Gould commented, “We believe that tribalism in the crypto community is slowing down adoption of the technology. .Crypto is a domain name system meant to be used for any cryptocurrency payment and with any cryptocurrency wallet. Sending money to a .crypto domain is a way simpler user experience for the millions of cryptocurrency users that currently have to copy/paste and type in long addresses in order to transact.”
Unstoppable Domains is blockchain agnostic and will support domain extensions on both the ethereum blockchain and the zilliqa blockchain. The company announced back in April their intention to launch 2nd domain extension after .zil.
Blockchain domains do many things that traditional domains can’t do:
- Payments – Domains can be used as a payment gateway for cryptocurrency payments. These are cheap, almost instant, and can be done from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world.
- Uncensorable Websites – Other companies and governments cannot control the content you show on your website.
- Alternate Root – Are not governed by and don’t require approval from ICANN.
- No Custodian – Blockchain domains are stored by the owner. No 3rd party can move or seize them.
- No Renewals – Pay once and it’s yours … forever.
- Transfers – Blockchain domains do not require an escrow agent to securely exchange the domain or funds. This transfer can happen in less than 1 minute, from or to anywhere in the world.
About Unstoppable Domains
Unstoppable Domains is a San Francisco-based company building domains on blockchains. The company is backed by Draper Associates and Boost VC and has received grants from the Ethereum Foundation and the Zilliqa Foundation.
For more information visit www.unstoppabledomains.com.
Check out Bradley Kam’s chat with Anthony Pompliano here.
Public Relations Executive
t: +1 805 674 7348
(c)2018 Business Wire Inc., All rights reserved.
Original Release: Business Wire