Announces Latest Winners: Atomic Wallet, imToken, Guarda Wallet
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–$Crypto #Blockchain—Unstoppable Domains, a software company building domains on blockchains, today announced an additional $1,000,000 to help wallets, browsers and decentralized applications integrate blockchain domains.
Blockchain domains improve user experiences in wallets by replacing cryptocurrency addresses with a human, readable name. The same domain can be used to simplify cryptocurrency payments and to build an uncensorable website. Users can now use their blockchain domain for payments in wallets such as Coinomi and Trust Wallet. The goal of the $1,000,000 grant program is to accelerate blockchain domain adoption across all types of applications, including browsers and decentralized applications.
Unstoppable Domains created both the .zil and .crypto domain registries, and has sold more than 150,000 domains.
“The cryptocurrency community is quickly adopting blockchain domains, but we want to make it even easier for apps to integrate blockchain domains. This grant program can help wallets, browsers and other apps embrace them sooner. The more apps that support blockchain domains, the more useful they are to users.” – CEO, Matt Gould
Apps that are live with Unstoppable Domains:
- Trust Wallet – a multi-protocol wallet with domain resolution on both iOS and Android.
- Coinomi Wallet – a multicurrency wallet that supports blockchain domain resolution on iOS and Android.
- ViewBlock – a block explorer that allows for on-chain .zil domain searches.
- Coin Request – a cryptocurrency invoice system that simplifies day-to-day transactions.
- Moonlet – A blockchain agnostic cryptocurrency wallet available as a Chrome extension.
- Counter Network – a cryptocurrency exchange and stablecoin marketplace.
Blockchain domains do many things that traditional domains can’t do:
- Payments – Domains can be used as a payment gateway for cryptocurrency payments. These are cheap, almost instant, and can be done from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world.
- Uncensorable Websites – Other companies and governments cannot control the content you show on your website.
- Alternate Root – Are not governed by and don’t require approval from ICANN.
- No Custodian – Blockchain domains are stored by the owner. No third party can move or seize them.
- No Renewals – Pay once and it’s yours … forever.
- Transfers – Blockchain domains do not require an escrow agent to exchange the domain or funds securely. This transfer can happen in less than 1 minute, from or to anywhere in the world.
Are you a cryptocurrency wallet, exchange or browser application interested in supporting blockchain domains? Apply for the Unstoppable Domains grant program here.
About Unstoppable Domains
Unstoppable Domains is a San Francisco-based company building domains on blockchains. The company is backed by Draper Associates and Boost VC and has received grants from the Ethereum Foundation and the Zilliqa Foundation.
For more information visit www.unstoppabledomains.com.
Public Relations Executive
e: [email protected]
t: +1 805 674 7348
(c)2018 Business Wire Inc., All rights reserved.
Original Release: Business Wire