You can buy Bitcoin from cryptocurrency exchanges, peer-to-peer platforms, mobile apps such as Luno, Square Cash App, among other options. But how can you buy Bitcoin at Walmart? Like you, many other have wondered. Walmart, one of the largest online market places has a lot to offer, but when it comes to Bitcoin, one cannot easily purchase it as a commodity.
Nevertheless, there are several other avenues that will enable you to take advantage of a feature offered by the marketplace in order to purchase Bitcoin from other platforms. This and many more is what has been outlined in our guide on how to buy Bitcoin at Walmart. Before we proceed, here’s what you need to begin.
There are online, offline, and mobile wallets which you can use in storing the Bitcoin you are about to purchase. While one of these has more ease of usage, the other has a higher level of security. You can make reference to our guide on the best bitcoin wallets in order to ascertain the right one for you.
Now that you have a Bitcoin wallet, you need to be armed with the public address which will be used to receive the purchased Bitcoin. That’s quite simple as well and with this guide on how to buy Bitcoin, you can see how to get a Bitcoin address from a cryptocurrency exchange, mobile app, or a paper wallet.
Buy Bitcoin on Walmart with Gift Card
One way to get your wallet funded is with a Walmart gift card. In this case, you need to exchange the gift card with someone who is willing to trade it for their Bitcoin. Based on the terms of your agreement, you can get funded and immediately. While the recipient can use your gift card for purchases, you get Bitcoin in exchange.
How to Buy Bitcoins with Cash at Walmart?
Walmart does not sell Bitcoin directly, however, there are peer-to-peer platforms where sellers will allow you to transfer money into their Walmart account in exchange for Bitcoin. Here, Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers is used.
The Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers comes with a service fee of $4 fee (transfers between $0-$50), $8 fee (transfers between $50-$1,000), and $16 fee (transfer between $1,000-$2,500).
Some Peer-to-Peer exchanges that accept Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers are LocalBitcoins and Paxful. All you have to do is walk up to a Walmart store in your area and give them the cash to transfer to the seller’s Walmart. Let’s take LocalBitcoins, for instance:
- Goto LocalBitcoins.com
- Click on the ‘Sign up’ button at the top-right corner of the screen
- Create an account using your email
- You’ll be required to verify your email, phone number, and identity
- Once that is done, you can proceed to the LocalBitcoins Walmart 2 Walmart trading page
- Select a seller whose terms align with yours and enter the amount of Bitcoin you want to buy
- Once you send a message to begin the transaction, a part of their Bitcoin will be deducted and held in an escrow account. It will be released to you when the seller confirms that they have been funded.
- Make a cash payment at your Walmart and keep in mind that you have 6 hours to do so before the transaction is canceled on LocalBitcoins.
- Finally, upload the payment receipt as proof of payment on LocalBitcoins to have your Bitcoins released to you
- You can then transfer it to your Bitcoin wallet instead of leaving it on the peer-to-peer exchange
Alternatively, you can also buy Bitcoins on the platform using a bank transfer, PayPal, Skrill, Amazon gift card, and several others. Each of these can get your wallet funded in no time.