AmericanAirlines ArenaCointelegraph.comftxFTX ArenaMiami HeatMiami-Dade CountyNBAPartnership

FTX set to secure naming rights to Miami NBA stadium until 2040

Cryptocurrency exchange FTX is on the brink of securing naming rights to Miami Heat’s stadium until 2040.
FTX has reached an agreement with Miami-Dade County on a 19-year partnership worth $135 million, to name Miami Heat’s home stadium the FTX Arena. The cryptocurrency derivatives exchange backed by Alameda Research, is set to become the first member of the crypto industry to secure NBA naming rights, pending approval from the Miami-Dade County Board of County Commissioners on March 26. The deal marks a significant mainstream partnership for a crypto-based platform, which will see FTX tied to the Miami Heat until 2040. As part of the Miami-Dade County’s press release on March 23, FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried noted: “This opportunity is more than putting our name on an iconic building. It is a chance to provide value to the growing and diverse community in Miami and its surrounding cities, as well as join a championship community, a championship organization, and a championship culture.”According to the Miami Herald Miami-Dade County will see $90 million from the deal once expenses and payments to the Miami Heat are deducted, with the funds being divided among the 13 county commissioners and directed toward combating gun violence and poverty.Legislation allocates “20% of the revenue to each district equally for payments to programs and organizations that either combat gun violence or promote economic prosperity,” with the remaining 80% “distributed based on each district’s share of the county’s “shooting homicides and shooting incidents.”If the deal is approved, it marks another …
Story continues on Cointelegraph

Related posts
Bitcoin PriceCoinbaseCointelegraph.comCryptocurrenciesCryptocurrency ExchangeDeFiMarket UpdateMarkets

Analysts still 'bullish on April’ despite Bitcoin price drop to $54K

Pro traders and analysts view Bitcoin’s dip below $54,000 as another bullish buy-the-dip opportunity. On March 23 bears managed to push the price of Bitcoin (BTC) below the $54,000 support level as various on-chain data suggests that whale wallets have…
bitcoin treasuryBitcoin.comCryptocurrenciesExchangesFTX CEOFTX ExchangeMayor Francis SuarezMiami Heatpro bitcoinsam bankman-friedU.S. President Joe Biden

Crypto Exchange FTX on the Verge of Winning Naming Rights for the Miami Heat’s Arena

Samuel Bankman-Fried’s FTX crypto exchange is reportedly one vote away from winning a naming-rights deal for the arena of the NBA’s Miami Heat. The deal, which is believed to be worth $135 million, is set to be approved on March…
BTC Price; Markets; Bitcoin options; Open interestCointelegraph.com

This clever Bitcoin options strategy brings pro BTC traders big profits

Pro traders often use the front spread options strategy to generate hefty returns without having to pay for their positions upfront. Bitcoin’s (BTC) upcoming March 26 options expiry might become the largest ever, with $6.1 billion open interest on the…